Wednesday, November 22, 2006

90/10

One day, a furious CTO invited the head developer, an architect and me into his office and started shouting. We were made responsible for the loss of a several million-dollar deal. I cannot remember the exact details anymore, but I remember being confronted with charges that could be easily disproved. Disappointed about the unfair treatment, I started to draw my very first cartoon. It served as a tool to channel my anger. When my colleagues saw the cartoon, they enjoyed it and couldn’t wait to see more of the same kind. So I continued drawing.

The term 90/10 was one of 3 slogans that ruled the company. 80/20 which is the well-known Pareto principle, 30/30 should remind us that one third of what we do is waste, and 90/10 meaning to take ownership. You are 90% responsible of what you do. In the cartoon, the numbers are twisted by purpose as this CTO didn’t follow his own code of practice.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment