Thursday, July 19, 2012

About Bugs and Monsters

Just because a bug doesn't get enough attention by developers and BAs and/or release decision makers, doesn't mean it sticks to that state 4-ever. Our testers and me, too were sometimes disappointed when we raised an issue weeks ago without anyone to unterstand its importance and impact; and then only to learn that few days before going live, people were desperatly searching for an ugly workaround although there was plenty of time - from our perspective - to fix the root cause if only it was  understood early enough. Finding and "selling" a found bug are two different things and sometimes I find the latter more difficult especially when developers or other team members are busy with the next hot release, since then there is little room for the big problems the next but one release has to offer.


ThanX to the The Testing Planet magazine editors who were so kind to publish my cartoon in their issue 8

6 comments:

  1. This is pretty funny. I really like your drawings. Would I be able to publish your drawings (with credit to you of course) on www.iLoveTesting.com?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, as long as you don't earn money with it or print it in books, that's fine for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok great thanks. At the moment our site is working to publish a book which we are selling on our site, but that wouldn't be related with your cartoons and we don't have any advertising at the moment. How much do you charge for doing a comic in a book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for my late response. If you want to print one or several comics into a book, then I would appreciate if we could discuss the details non public via my email to info AT scionlabs DOT com

    We have a prepared contract which is in use already for another book author about software testing which plans to use some of the cartoons.

    ThanX a lot
    Torsten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure thing. Sounds good! I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Torsten,

    I would like you to draw and post a similar carton on the same concept with slightly different view as I explained below.

    "Bug when they are small will gets scared by the developer"
    "The developer gets scared of the same Bug when it grew and become big"

    It will be a combination of two scenes showing the above concept in single carton."

    Thanks,
    Ashok

    ReplyDelete