Thursday, December 28, 2017

Life as a Software Tester

I keep telling people that I have more talent to break things than to actually build things, since, whatever I touch breaks apart or results in another nice story that I can convert into a new cartoon published on this blog.
But honestly, I hope this is just a funny myth since I also built things successfully that are used by a large group of people worldwide. Maybe I just look at things a little bit differently. I love the speaches, articles and books of James Whittaker, Dorothy Graham, Johnathan Kohl and many many more; I am hungry to learn from them on a continuous basis and apply some of these techniques to my daily work with pleasure. Even at home I keep myself busy with software testing matters whenever the time allows me to. This is what the cartoon expresses here.

It all started more than 20 years ago with test automation, developing and running automated UI and B2B tests, using tools such as Rational Robot, SOAPUI, InCisif, WatiN, Selenium (and my team also used Ranorex), integrated in CI with Jenkins and I totally love home-brew solutions developed in C# like the recently newborn keyword driven test automation framework which is (at least for me) the next generation of another great Excel based test automation tool we used at an earlier company. Why C#? Sorry, - I am not a Microsoft advocate but MS Visual Studio is simply one of the best IDEs I have ever seen.

I also love tools like PerlClip, AllPairs, KDIFF3. I love to test through the side-door and last but not least...

I love to draw cartoons about software testing, my way of expressing weird experiences into something more exhilarant.

No comments:

Post a Comment